Wednesday, June 13, 2012

In the beginning....



This blog is dedicated to our father, Harry Eugene Orcutt.  A truck driver who worked all his life looking forward to a dream of owning property and a log home.  On July 21, 2011, just 8 hours away from retirement while driving his truck home for the last time, our father suffered a massive heart attack and passed away.  His children have vowed to carry on his dream.  We sold our homes, purchased property, moved our families and will begin building our own log homes.  There is no water, no electricity...nothing but a dream.  This blog chronicles our adventure from the beginning.  



The work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives and the dreams shall never die.

RIP Daddy.

2 comments:

  1. I for one look forward to going on this journey with you. Family is everything and I too am one of the lucky few in having such a supportive and loving one. I lost my Dad also unexpectedly and each time I hear this song from Alabama I think of him:

    "When life dealt troubled times and had me down on my knees
    There's always been someone there to come along and comfort me
    A kind word from a stranger to lend a helping hand
    A phone call from a friend just to say I understand
    Ain't it kind of funny at the dark end of the road
    Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope

    Oh I believe there are angels among us
    Sent down to us from somewhere up above
    They come to you and me in our darkest hours
    To show us how to live
    To teach us how to give
    To guide us with a light of love"

    I know that he is watching all of you. I wish you all much success, love, and wonderful memories to cherish.

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, this is so beautiful. I wish you and your family all the best. What an honor to your dad and a wonderful way to keep his dream alive.

    love you,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete